School Board Financial Management - SFM™
S&S offers a complete, feature rich, user-friendly payroll system. This system is designed to be completely flexible to accommodate a wide range of wage calculations as well as deduction and reporting requirements.
- Direct Deposit
- Automatically prints direct deposit letters to be sent to employees.
- Bonus or Supplemental Payrolls
- Stipend and extra pay modules store workshop history as it occurs with an option to create checks automatically with regular payroll or create checks separately.
- An efficient deduction system where the user can define schedules that contain formulas for calculation on specific earnings.
- Enhanced ability to define earnings.
- Allows up to 9999 user-defined earning types with variable account codes.
- Up to eighteen earning types can be used for each employee per check.
- Employee name inquiry (you do not have to know the employee number).
- Note pad attached to each employee master file record for comments.
- Year-end processing prints Employee Master List.
- Ability to maintain check history display online for an indefinite period.
- Efficient handling of manual and voided checks.
- Display option allows user to view test checks to see result of salary and tax changes.
- Automatic posting of contract salary amounts by position, service years or degree types.
- Automatic creation of employer expense entries to the general ledger for employer matching by funding source.
- Provides recap by general ledger account with detail of employees’ salaries and employer matching expenses.
- Optional Bank Reconciliation interface.
- Automatic update of payroll checks to Bank Reconciliation.
- Automatic update of accounts payable checks.
- Automatic update of deposits from cash receipts.
- Complete taxing flexibility.
- User-maintained federal tax tables.
- Allows complete flexibility on state and federal withholding taxes.
- Allows complete flexibility on withholding taxes and EIC for each employee.
- Handles taxable and non-taxable employee expense allowances.
- Automated Deductions
- Deductions calculated by flat rate, percentage or formulas.
- 20 deductions available for each employee per payroll.
- Allows up to 9999 user defined deduction types
- Handles unique deductions and earnings for individual employees.
- Handles employer matching on any deduction (user defined formula).
- Handles special one-time deductions or extra tax withholdings.
- Handles advanced earned income credit (AEIC).
- Handles employer matching on Medicare and social security.
- Maintains separate Medicare and social security wages/deductions/limits.
- Handles Section 125 (Cafeteria) Plan and various other tax sheltered deductions.
- Includes Section 125 Plan maintenance, prints forms and creates diskette.
- EEOC report
- Annual contract report prints detailed salary information in multiple formats.
- Handles deferred compensation deductions such 401(k) and 403(b) reporting for W2 reports.
- Prints W2s and creates W2 magnetic reporting file.
Leave Dockage, Sick Leave, Extended Leave, School Leave
- School secretary inputs leave data through online connection to the main office.
- One step input of Employee Leave and Substitute Payroll information.
- Capable of tracking teacher substitutions, location, dates and reasons for substitution.
- Complete audit path from Leave to Payroll to General Ledger.
- Payroll processing automatically pulls substitute payroll information and Employee Dockage information from the Leave file.
- Automatic calculation of Employee Dockage when applicable.
- Automatic update of Employee Leave information to Payroll Master.
- Reports of Teacher Dockage and Substitute Earnings by location or alpha sequence.
- Capability to generate Employee Leave History reports by a selected employee or for all employees.
- Report of employees leave balances in location or alpha sequence.
- Automatic allocation of Employee Sick Leave at the beginning of each year.
- Balance of Employee Leave is brought forward to leave history at the beginning of each year.
- Leave History file maintenance and inquiry capability.
- User-defined reason codes for Leave.
- Maintains vacation and sick leave taken and the balance remaining is printed on payroll checks. Includes ability to accrue by pay period, monthly or annually.
- Maintains extended leave.
- Integrates leave data to PEP file.
Prints monthly retirement reports by fund and creates disk file for each plan.
- Reports: Employees on DROP Report
- Yearly Retirement Report
- Retirees Returned to Work Report
- Employment History
Quarterly Wage Reports
Quarterly wages report and diskette creation for 941 and state unemployment.
- Insurance table maintenance and printing
- Automatic posting of premium changes by age group.
- State Group Insurance Monthly Report
- Quick input of workshop by batch entry.
- Stores data until payroll creation as workshops occur.
- Maintains workshop history by workshop and attendees.
PAYROLL REPORTS and FEATURES
- Prints payroll checks and register alphabetically or by school location.
- Preliminary and final check register subtotaled by payroll departments with breakdowns listed by Payroll, General Ledger and Fund departments.
- Prints/creates General Ledger entries for employer matching expenses during payroll.
- Prints General Ledger journals individually by fund and/or combined journal.
- Prints Payroll Recap by Account for check range or date range.
- Prints check register for unlimited years and by date range.
- Automatic posting of Salary Tables by position, degree or years service.
- Remaining in Contract Report detailed by earning and account code.
- Compensated Absence Report
- Check Comparison Report to review changes from prior payroll earnings or deductions.
- Deduction Reports for verification of deduction payouts.
- Auto-creation of payroll liabilities invoices in accounts payable after each payroll.
Federal and State Reports
- Wage & Withholding Report
- Prints W2 Verification report as well as the W2 forms and magnetic media.
- Plan 125 Forms (Cafeteria)
- EEOC Report
- Quarterly Wage Report
- Annual Contract Report (Type C)
- Labor Reports
- Workers Compensation Report
- PIPS Retirement Benefits Report
- Contract and Actual Reporting.
- Interfaces with leave taken and dockage module for attendance data.
- LEADS compliant with Curriculum Records.
- PEP Leave Extract Report
- Salary Worksheets
- PEP Report by Social Security Number, Site or Employee.